Last night Jamie and I went to a fundraiser for children with down syndrome at one of the nicest party gardens in the city. People were dressed formally, the food was fantastic, and the atmosphere was like that of an incredible evening wedding reception. For a few hours we literally forgot what country we were in until a stray dog waltzed his way though the main dance floor.....
After we had a nice laugh we put together a top 10 list of ways you know your not in the US:
10. Stray dogs are anywhere and everywhere
9. People want to help you with directions
8. You sit down at table with 8 people and everyone can speak at least two languages
7. No one has heard of the term "customer service"
6. You have no idea who the president is, or if the president is the man in power
5. Stop signs really are optional
4. People still use cash
3. A total disregard for BO
2. You can order a beer at McDonalds
1. A one piece bathing suit is not modest at all